What do you think of when you hear the word ‘evaluation’? We want to support you to see evaluation as an activity that can help you learn about your organization and its programs. Simple questions like “What works well?” and “What could we adapt in our organization to make its programs and processes even better?” can give you insights into fine-tuning your work.
These questions are at the heart of PAN’s 3-part webinar series. By bringing together a group of participants and experienced evaluators, this series explored strategies for making evaluation exciting and relevant to the aims of organizations. In offering a series of learning opportunities over the course of several weeks, our goal was to challenge the idea that evaluation is only for reporting to funders, and to help participants better understand the value of accessible evaluation as a learning tool that can help see successes and identify areas where things could be done differently.
- Evaluation: What is the difference between reporting and learning? (presenters: Joanna Paterson and Lanny Kipling)
- Building a culture of learning through evaluation to create a learning-based organization (presenters: Jaydee Cossar, Paul Kerber and Hermione Jefferis)
- Methods and tools for engaging in accessible learning-based evaluation (presenters: Allison Enjetti and Kylie Hutchinson)
Please note that this webinar series was a pilot project and it was a great learning opportunity for PAN as much as it was for the audience. We are in the process of editing these videos to make them more viewer-friendly, and we appreciate your understanding for these unedited videos. To see the presentations only, you can fast forward videos – presentation times are listed under each session below.
Session 1 (recorded January 25, 2018)
Evaluation: What is the difference between reporting and learning?
- Presentation by Lanny Kipling starts at 26:20
- Presentation by Joanna Paterson starts at 46:39
Session 2 (Recorded February 1, 2018)
Building a culture of learning through evaluation to create a learning-based organization
- Presentation by Hermione Jefferis starts at 11:33
- Presentation by Jaydee Cossar and Paul Kerber starts at 35:30
Session 3 (Recorded February 8, 2018)
Methods and tools for engaging in accessible learning-based evaluation
- Presentation by Allison Enjetti starts at 18:22
- Presentation by Kylie Hutchinson starts at 48:26