The Hepatitis C Leadership Pilot Program Training, July 2021 (Delivered Live Online)
Are you a person with lived experience of hepatitis C who would like to embark on a leadership journey? This is an exciting opportunity to discover and connect on an individual, peer, and community basis. You already possess leadership qualities and skills, come explore what that picture looks like for you.
About the Leadership Training Program
The program aims to foster leadership that begins in the heart, is rooted in empowerment, and strives to meet people where they’re at. Some program participants may choose to focus their leadership development on self-care, others on their work or local community involvement, and perhaps others on advocacy and hepatitis C elimination efforts.
Over the course of the training, program participants will:
- Discover leadership through connection, learning, and exploration
- Strengthen leadership skills that support personal, peer, and community empowerment
- Gain hepatitis C history, community knowledge and awareness
- Develop peer relationships for community building
The program curriculum will provide an interactive participant experience that combines learning material, individual exercises, group activities, peer discussion, and take-home resources.
The training will take place live online through Zoom over the course of two weekends (times shown are inclusive of lunch and breaks). Please note that the schedule is in Pacific time:
Saturday, July 10 9:00 AM – 3:30 PM Pacific time
Sunday, July 11 9:00 AM – 3:30 PM Pacific time
Saturday, July 17 9:00 AM – 3:30 PM Pacific time
Sunday, July 18 9:00 AM – 3:30 PM Pacific time
Tips for getting the most out of the training
- Access to a computer that is located in a quiet, private space
- Access to things that will make your participation experience more engaging such as comfortable seating, food and beverages
- The program will mail out training materials such as notepaper and handouts ahead of time and we recommend having access to a surface such as a table or desk for writing
- In order to receive a certificate of completion, all four days must be attended and therefore rest and self-care during the session is highly encouraged
- Bring an open mind and willingness to help build community leadership spirit
Who is eligible to apply?
In order to attend the training, a person must have lived experience of hepatitis C and be a resident of Canada.
There is no cost to participate in the program. At the end of the training, participants will receive a leadership certificate of completion.
30 participants will be accepted to the program which means space is limited. Applications will be open until Thursday, June 10, 2021.