As part of our work on policy change and collective action, PAN works with various allies and partners on communications campaigns and activities. We sit on a number of regional, provincial, and national committees. As a recognized provincial voice representing our members, we are often invited to consult on a broad range of issues. We also consistently advocate for the inclusion of people with lived experiences, including that they be compensated for their input and leadership.
Provincial and National Collaborations
PAN works with partners at provincial and national levels to advocate for systems change and build capacity across health authorities.
- BC Centre for Disease Control
- BC Ministry of Health
- HIV Legal Network
- Provincial Health Services Authority
- First Nations Health Authority
- Fraser Health Authority
- Interior Health Authority
- Island Health Authority
- Northern Health Authority
- BC Hepatitis Network
- Public Health Agency of Canada
PAN Affiliated Researchers
PAN works with researchers from academic institutions, health authorities, and other agencies from across British Columbia and is grateful for their engagement in community-based research principles, mutual support for PAN studies and commitment to genuine partnerships.
- Dr. Catherine Worthington, Professor, School of Public Health and Social Policy, University of Victoria
- Sherri Pooyak, Community-Based Research Manager, Aboriginal HIV/AIDS Community-Based Research Collaborative Centre (AHA Centre), CAAN (Communities, Alliances and Networks)
- Sophie Bannar-Martin, Manager for STOP HIV, Bloodborne Disease and Harm Reduction, Island Health
- Anita David, Peer Mentor for GetCheckedOnline
Learn more about the work with our affiliated research team.
Working Groups and Committees
PAN staff and/or Board Executive members take part in consultation and ongoing action at a number of issue-specific working groups and events:
- Community Action Initiative
- CIHR/ Centre for REACH National Leadership Committee
- 2SGBTQ+ and HIV Working Group – STOP CIC
- National HIV Testing Week(PAN is the provincial coordinator.)
- National Task Group for the STBBI Indicators Framework and Domestic Targets Development in Canada (in support of PHAC’s Pan-Canadian Framework for Action)
- NGOs engaged in national STBBI efforts (PHAC)
- STOP/ CIC
- Trans Queer Mental Health Research Group (BC)