Presenter/Facilitator: Jenn Cusick, Luminate Wellness
Webinars on: September 15, 22, 29 and October 6 10-12 noon Pacific time
In April, PAN released the Peer Engagement Needs Assessment Survey, targeted towards comunity-based organizations(CBOs) who are either members of PAN or part of the PHSA’s Collective Impact Network (CIN). The results have been used to help customize the following workshop series on integrating peer support work into CBOs, and will also will be a source of information to help shape PAN’s peer engagement work in general. Click here to register.
Sessions in Detail
You can choose to attend one or more of the following sessions:
September 15 – Session 1: What is Peer Support
* What is Peer Support and why do you need it on your team?
* Provincial Peer Support Core Values and Standards of Practice
* Brief history of Peer Support as an important part of a service system
September 22 – Session 2: Hiring and Supervision
* Recruiting and hiring peer support workers
* Supervision & ongoing support for Peer Support workers
* Trauma-Informed leadership skills for supervisors
September 29 – Session 3: Including People with Lived Experiences in all Aspects of Your Organization and Governance
* The importance of clear job descriptions for each role
* Peer delivered services
* Creating a team environment with PWLE and clinical staff
* Governance and representation
* The importance of a Community of Practice and ongoing education
October 6 – Session 4: The Importance of Ongoing Training
* A brief overview of the Peer Support training
* Cultural safety and humility training
* Serving with a trauma-informed lens
* Understanding the importance of creating an ecology that supports self-determination
* Boundaries and self-care
* Fidelity to the model of Peer Support–how to make sure your Peer services aren’t watered down versions of what it is meant to be
Sessions are subject to slight change, based on advisory group feedback.
Series is provided free due to funding provided by the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
• Limited spaces with waitlist, so please limit registrations to 1-2 people per organization and sign up soon. All sessions are designed to include interaction and Q&A.
• 1-1 Coaching will be offered to a small number of attendees by application, after the series.
• Poster for event available here
Series created and facilitated by Jenn Cusick from Luminate Wellness. She has extensive experience with peer support in the mental health and substance use sector, including training peers and supporting agencies to implement peer programs, and was the developer for the BC Peer Support Training Curriculum. Find out more at https://www.peersupporteducation.com/
• PAN Members and Allies – Executive Directors and Program Managers
• Community-based organizations engaging in peer programming for HIV, HCV, mental health & substance use services, who were successful in the application to the PHSA funding call on peer programming
At all our events, we strive to do our best to create a culturally safe environment, and ask that all participants follow our Group Guidelines and Responsibilities. Please review
In registering to take part in this event, you acknowledge that PAN is recording this event and that your name, image and voice may be recorded. You give PAN the right and authority to use your name, voice, and image if applicable.
Read before your register:
After registration you should receive a confirmation email. SAVE THE CONFIRMATION EMAIL to access webinar. Email [email protected] if this does not arrive.