The 2022 BC Substance Use Conference is the fourth annual conference hosted by the BC Centre on Substance Use. This conference brings together stakeholders from across the province to share clinical expertise, lived experiences, and the latest evidence relating to substance use.
This two-day virtual conference will include presentations and panels on research, education, and clinical care guidance related to our conference theme – “All together: Advancing equity, sharing innovations”.
While public health measures to limit the spread of COVID-19 have recently been updated in BC, out of an abundance of caution and to ensure accessibility across the province, we will not be hosting an in-person portion of the conference.
First Day: May 16 from 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Awards Presentation: May 16 from 3:00 – 4:00 PM
Second Day: May 17 from 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Topics to be discussed include:
- Safer supply / risk mitigation prescribing
- Justice, equity, inclusion & diversity (JEDI) across the continuum of care
- Managing benzodiazepine withdrawal in context of benzo-dope
- Stimulant use
- Psychedelics — current landscape and application to people who use substances
- Integrating clinical guidance in rural and remote settings
- Secure care for youth with SUDs
- Substance use innovations borne out of COVID-19
- Concurrent mental health and substance use disorders
- Novel ways of integrating Indigenous cultural safety and humility in substance use care
- Understanding the continuum of care through a trauma-informed lens