Smartphone-based study of medicinal and non-medicinal cannabis use (SMART-CAN)
York University researchers are seeking research participants to help test a smartphone-based method for assessing medicinal and non-medicinal cannabis use, and associated health outcomes, among people living with HIV.
What does the study involve?
- Two hour online assessment (i.e. Zoom interview and questionnaires)
- Downloading an app onto your phone to answer brief surveys related to your typical cannabis use each day for a 2 week period
- One hour follow-up interview
Who may be eligible?
- 19 year s or older
- Living with HIV and taking HIV medications
- Daily cannabis user (any type of cannabis)
- Use cannabis both medicinally and recreationally
- Own an iPhone or an Android phone
- Currently living in Canada
Email for more info and to complete a confidential eligibility screen: [email protected]. Please mention “SMART-CAN” study in your email.
Note: This study will take place online. You will not need to travel to York University.
Eligible participants will be compensated.