LetsStopAIDS, Canada’s largest youth HIV Charity, is excited to announce that we are holding our annual, Youth-HIV Leadership Conference, NoTimeToWait (NTTW), delivered both virtually and in-person this year!
Through this conference, our goal is to educate and engage youth and other key stakeholders in the HIV response, on topics surrounding HIV and empower them to develop advocacy skills needed to carry out sustainable health initiatives and work towards reducing HIV incidence and stigma in their communities.
This year’s theme of “Me, You and Us” adopts a new approach in addressing Youth-HIV issues by engaging, educating and empowering participants on individual, interpersonal and collective levels to confront racialized stigma, discrimination and barriers to inclusion.
Your participation as a partner in NoTimeToWait2022 is highly valuable and can involve:
Bringing in keynote speakers, conference exhibitors, or workshop facilitators who represent your organization or your target youth populations who can address one or more of the following conference categories:
- HIV, mental health and self-care
- Reducing stigma and discrimination
- Cross-cultural collaboration and community building
- Sharing experiences and information regarding your organization’s endeavors related to HIV, sexual health, and youth wellbeing through our community organization networking sessions
- Promoting NoTimeToWait2022 and participation in the conference among youth members within your network
You can also participate as an attendee in the NoTimeToWait2022 conference to:
- have a youth-friendly space for to share your experiences, learn, and network
- get up to date information on HIV-related topics
- build leadership and advocacy skills
- gain opportunities to network with NGOs and peers
We are also bringing back The Winning Seed competition which gives young entrepreneurs an opportunity to bring their project idea to life with support of LetsStopAids and NTTW partners. The finalists will be invited to present their project at NTTW and the winners will also be announced at the event!
Please see the attached NoTimeToWait 2022 Brochure and other resources for more information and to learn about the conference and the work we do at LetsStopAIDS!
Together, we can generate a long-term effort towards our shared mission to enhance HIV awareness and leadership among youth across Canada.
If you wish to participate as a conference attendee, please click here to pre-register now. We look forward to seeing you there!
If you wish to participate as a partner organization, we would be happy to meet with you. So, please send us an email at [email protected] to further discuss how you can get involved. We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Visit LetsStopAIDS to learn more.