A national Hidden Disability Symbol: It is time. It is right. It is needed.
Millions of Canadians live with hidden disabilities. They are often marginalized, misunderstood, and ignored. There is a need to not only understand the complexities associated with hidden disabilities, but to share those experiences so that Canadians in the hidden disability community can access the support they need.
The Hidden Disability Symbol Movement is thrilled to announce our upcoming webinar, Making Hidden Disabilities Visible: Why Canada Needs a National Hidden Disability Symbol.
Date: Thursday January 20, 2022
Time: 9 AM Pacific time
This webinar will feature a line-up of speakers representing the Hidden Disability Community:
- Laura Brydges, Founder, Hidden Disability Symbol Canada
- Michelle McDonald, Executive Director, Brain Injury Canada
- Maria Hudspith, Executive Director, Pain BC
- Linda Wilhelm, President, Canadian Arthritis Patients Alliance
- Dr. Mahadeo A. Sukhai, Director of Research and Chief Inclusion & Accessibility Officer, Canadian National Institute for the Blind (CNIB)
- Shauna Beaudoin, Director, Programs & Information, Hydrocephalus Canada
This panel of representatives will share the unique experience of those with hidden disabilities and come together for a lively discussion on the common themes around the need for a Hidden Disability Symbol in Canada.
Learn more about the Hidden Disability Symbol Canada movement.
If you haven’t already, please sign the petition with the House of Commons.