Pursuant to its By-Laws and to Part 9 of the Canada Not-for-Profit Corporations Act, the nominations process for the Canadian Positive People Network (CPPN) Board of Directors’ elections at this year’s Annual General Meeting of Members (save the date for our annual virtual meeting of members: September 18/19, 2021) is now open .
This year’s nomination form is electronic, and a link is included below. CPPN members are welcome to nominate themselves, and multiple nominations will be accepted.
Please note the following important information:
- Directors must be at least 18 years old.
- Directors must not have been declared incapable by a Court in Canada or in another country.
- A Director must be an individual (a corporation cannot be a director).
- Directors must not be in bankruptcy status.
- Individual nominations must be supported by two (2) CPPN members.
The CPPN commits to making equity, diversity, and inclusion a priority by proactively engaging communities that are most impacted by HIV and HIV co-infections. Nominations for election to the CPPN’s Board of Directors are especially encouraged for / from those who identify with key “priority populations”, including (but not necessarily limited to):
- People who use or used drugs
- People with different abilities / people with disabilities
- Indigenous Peoples
- Ethnocultural communities, including immigrants, migrants and refugees, and foreign-born, non-status persons who reside in Canada
- Gay men and other men who have sex with men
- People engaged in the sale, trade or purchase of sex
- People living in or recently released from correctional facilities
- Transgender people
- “Consumer-survivors” of mental health and wellness issues
- People who identify as Women and girls
We also encourage nominations from people who are from diverse backgrounds, and from people with financial and communications experience.
The following Board of Director positions (seats) are vacant or open for nominations:
- Regional Director, British Columbia (2-year term), currently vacant
- Regional Director, Ontario (3-year term), current incumbent is James Lister
- Regional Director, Quebec (2-year term), currently vacant
- Regional Director, Atlantic Canada (1-year term), currently vacant
- Director for Northern, Rural, and / or Remote Communities (1-year term), currently vacant
- Designated Communities Director, Aboriginal / Indigenous communities (3-year term), current incumbent is Michael Laframboise
- Designated Communities Director, Ethnocultural / Migrant communities (1-year term), this seat is open for nominations
- Designated Communities Director, People who identify as Women / Girls (3-year term), this seat is open for nominations
- Designated Communities Director, Youth – under 30 years of age (1-year term)
- At-Large Director (3-year term), currently vacant
- At-Large Director (2-year term), this seat is open for nominations
- At-Large Director (1-year term), current incumbent is Kathleen Bird
Follow this link to go to CPPN site and submit your nomination (s). The deadline for nominations is 11:59 PM (Eastern time) on Friday, August 13, 2021.