Via the Canadian Drug Policy Coalition
Save the Date: April 14 – Anniversary of Public Health Crisis Declaration in BC
On April 14, join thousands of Canadians who will be demanding change to Canada’s drug laws, which are fuelling an overdose crisis that has taken more than 19,000 lives. April 14 is a painful and meaningful milestone: the five-year anniversary since British Columbia declared a public health emergency because of a rise in drug poisonings from a tainted drug supply.
Here’s What You Can Do
- Visit Moms Stop the Harm where you’ll be walked through three meaningful actions you can take that will help create change:
- Creating a photo collage that will be shared on social media as part of a chorus of support
- Participating in a COVID-19-safe demonstration organized by one of the many Moms Stop the Harm chapters
- Writing a letter to your local MLA calling on them to take action to save lives, namely, decriminalization and the legal regulation of substances. Federally, you can also write the minister of health: [email protected] / 613-996-4792
- If you’re on Vancouver Island, you can attend this rally on the grounds of the Parliament buildings at 501 Belleville Street, Victoria at noon.