Green and Inclusive Community Buildings Questionnaire and Funding Opportunity

From the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC)

PHAC is reaching out to inform you that Infrastructure Canada launched a Program Development Questionnaire for the Green and Inclusive Community Buildings program that is currently in development. Infrastructure Canada is seeking to learn more about potential projects to prepare for the eventual launch of the program while ensuring that this program meets the needs of communities across Canada.

Infrastructure Canada will be providing up to $1.5 billion in federal funding for community buildings that are more energy efficient, usable and accessible to Canadians. The funding will support retrofits, repairs or upgrades of existing public buildings and the construction of new public buildings that serve communities across Canada. This includes a 10 per cent set aside for projects supporting First Nations, Inuit and Métis communities, including urban Indigenous peoples. We anticipate that promotion of this program within the Indigenous community will be important to ensure full participation of affiliated and non-affiliated Indigenous peoples, both in the 10 per cent set-aside funding, but also the main envelope of the program – the remaining 90 per cent.  Please note that early learning and child care centres are eligible buildings under this fund.

This funding commitment was announced on December 11, 2020 as part of the Government of Canada’s Strengthened Climate Plan, and is part of Canada’s strategy to meet ambitious climate objectives. This initiative will also support economic growth and job creation, and building more inclusive communities where all Canadians have opportunities to thrive.

We would appreciate your help in sharing this message with interested government, non-profit and Indigenous organizations. Those who complete the questionnaire and provide their contact information will be notified directly about next steps for this funding commitment.  The online questionnaire is short and efficient.  Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the team at Infrastructure Canada at: [email protected].

Please note, that this proposed program is still in development and not accepting funding applications at this time, but by filling out this questionnaire you will be expressing your interest in the program, and we will be in a position to reach out to you when the program is launched.