Purpose: The clinical supervisor will support the mission and mandate of QMUNITY, and provide clinical supervision to counselling personnel in their practice to support QMUNITY clients. They provide clinical supervision to counselling practicum students; consultation support to our fee-for-service counsellors; and advice to management.
Terms of Employment: Contract, part-time. 0.2 – 0.3 FTE, adjustable based on experience and need (8-12 hours/week)
Compensation: Range $75 – 100/hour
Accountability: The Clinical Supervisor reports to Management, and actively supports QMUNITY’s management team.
QMUNITY is BC’s LGBTQ2SAI+ community hub and exists to improve queer, trans, and Two-Spirit lives. We do this in three ways: by supporting individuals, by strengthening our communities, and by leading the way towards legal and lived equality. We currently have 12 staff, and a large pool of volunteers.
QMUNITY operates on the traditional, ancestral and unceded territories of Indigenous people across British Columbia. In particular, QMUNITY offices are located on the Coast Salish territories of the Musqueam, Squamish and Tsleil-Waututh Nations.
Diversity: QMUNITY is committed to employment equity and prioritizes applications from underrepresented groups including trans and non-binary folk, Indigenous persons, persons of colour, and persons with disabilities.
QMUNITY values the experiences and skill sets gained through non-traditional employment, including unpaid and emotional labour, community organizing and mutual aid. Applicants are encouraged to highlight their breadth and depth of skills gained through these, and other, areas of community work.
In recognition of structural and systemic barriers to education and employment, we will work with applicants where possible to address gaps in education and/or experience; professional development funding is available on an annual basis.
- Provides eclectic and varied clinical supervision to counselling program practicum students and social work staff, and consultation to fee-for-service counsellors.
- Provides ethical advice and guidance, as needed, to the staff of other QMUNITY programs and to management.
- Supports the exploration and development of innovative service models and new programs.
- Maintains appropriate records.
- Maintains ethical accountability to the vision and values of the student practicum placement program; and addresses the practice requirements of the educational institutions.
- Provides feedback to QMUNITY management of the clinical counselling services.
Qualifications Education and Experience
- Masters of Social Work, or a Master’s degree acceptable for RCC designation.
- RCC or RSW designation, in good standing, with liability insurance, qualified to provide Clinical Supervision, and actively engaged in counselling practice.
- Relevant experience providing clinical services in a community-based organization.
- Knowledge of leadership and management principles as related to non-profit organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to work in team as well as working independently.
- Able to organize, multi-task, problem-solve and remain flexible within a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills.
- Focus on asset-based community development.
- Organised, results-oriented self-starter, able to work under pressure and complete multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, email and internet applications.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in program development, execution and evaluation.
- Experience with fee-for-service operations and growth.
- An entrepreneurial drive to support development and increase revenue potential.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of LGBTQ2SAI+ communities and issues; high sense of responsibility and commitment to the mission of QMUNITY.
- Criminal records check.
- To follow all policies and procedures of the organization.
- The ability to handle confidential/sensitive information appropriately.
- Commitment to a high standard of service and an atmosphere of respect and dignity in all aspects of the program.
Hours of Work: This position is a part-time (8 – 12 hrs/week) exempt management position. Please note that this position may require some evening and weekend work.
Accessibility: QMUNITY’s main office space is located on the second level of the building. Applicants should be aware that there is a flight of 23 stairs to reach the office.
COVID-19: QMUNITY has developed COVID-19 Safety Plans. Our offices are closed to the public; staff can work from the office, though most are choosing to work from home. Service delivery is primarily conducted virtually, through email, phone, Zoom, Slack, etc. Our Occupational Health & Safety Committee continues to monitor on-going developments and makes recommendations based on public health guidance.
Start date: January, 2021
How to apply: Email cover letter and resume, in either PDF or Word format, to [email protected]. Please indicate “Clinical Supervisor – YOUR NAME” in the subject line.
Applications will be received on a rolling basis, and interviews will be held as resumes are received.
Final deadline to apply is Friday, December 18, 2020 at 5:00 PM.