Each year leading up to December 1st, the Voices for World AIDS Day campaign unites diverse voices of individuals and community organizations across Canada to remember those we have lost to AIDS and raise awareness about HIV/AIDS. Last year, our Campaign garnered over 100,000 impressions nationally.
This year, our Campaign will draw inspiration from “Humans of New York” (HONY) and focus on personal anecdotes, short personal stories, or intimate vignettes of individuals’ lives, experiences and feelings to bring to life the voices from within our sector and communities across Canada impacted by HIV/AIDS.
Echoing this year’s UNAIDS theme of “Global Solidarity, Shared Responsibility,” we would also like to create space for communities to connect with each other by promoting partners’ virtual events on social media platforms throughout the campaign.
With that being said, we would like to invite you and your communities to join us to make this year’s campaign a wide-reaching success!
As a partner in Voices for World AIDS Day, we invite you to:
- Complete the Partnership Agreement form by November 5. This will RSVP your participation. The form will also provide space for you to upload your organization’s logo, website URL, and virtual event information (if applicable).
- Collect and submit stories from your community by November 13, 2020 (optional). Please also circulate the attached flyer to your networks!
- Share a minimum of 3 featured stories on your organization’s social media platforms between Nov 22 to Dec 5.
- Use the hashtags #VOICES4HIV #VOIXSIDA.
- Complete a feedback survey after World AIDS Day to track and measure engagement.