The Pacific Hepatitis C Network (PHCN) is excited to invite your participation in a short-term project that aims to gather perspectives, knowledge, and wisdom to inform the multi-stakeholder BC HCV Elimination Forum, scheduled for February 2021.
To encourage commitment and action towards eliminating hepatitis C in Canada, the Canadian Network on Hepatitis C (CANHepC) plans to convene HCV Elimination Forums in provinces and territories. Ontario’s was held last fall and BC’s HCV Elimination Forum is scheduled for February 2021.
BC’s HCV Elimination Forum, and our preparation work prior to that event, are built on CANHepC’s Blueprint to Inform Hepatitis C Elimination Efforts in Canada (May 2019). The Blueprint articulates the case for Canadian provinces and territories to adopt targets and strategies (aligned with the World Health Organization’s 2030 global viral hepatitis elimination targets).
Community plays a key role in provincial HCV elimination efforts. Clearly marking out community roles within each Blueprint target is critical to the success of HCV elimination efforts in BC. PHCN seeks your voice to drive this work forward.
What does participation involve?
1. Review and discuss the Blueprint’s goals and targets within three core areas (prevention, testing & diagnosis, treatment & care) alongside key BC-specific supporting data and findings
2. Articulate the role of the community in each Blueprint core area
3. Articulate policy recommendations that inform interventions and tools in each of the core areas along with programming/program funding needed
4. Communicate, present and integrate this work and community participation in BC’s HCV Elimination Forum
- 1-2 flexible hours per week from November 9th, 2020 to January 22nd, 2021
- Post-forum debrief virtual meeting, March 2021
- Either Zoom or MS Teams for virtual meetings (if required)
- Polling apps, MS Teams, and other means for virtual exchange and documenting of ideas
*Honoraria for people with lived and living experience is available.
Join the project to help eliminate hepatitis C in BC.
To participate in this project or get more information, please contact Deb Schmitz, Executive Director, [email protected], 604 740 1092.
In November 2020, PHCN will transition to its new name, BC Hepatitis Network, resulting from many months of work between HepCBC and Pacific Hepatitis C Network. Long-serving HepCBC volunteers have handed over the HepCBC reins to PHCN and have moved onto other unrelated projects. All PHCN staff and programs remain the same with the addition of a federal prison outreach program and resources for hepatitis B.