Purpose of the Position: To work for the Vancouver Area Network of Drug Users (VANDU) to manage and expand the Downtown Eastside Neighbourhood Council (DNC)’s Street Market currently happening every Sunday at Pigeon Park.
Responsibilities: Reporting to the Director of VANDU and clearing all activities with the DTES Street Market Committee, the Street Market Fundraiser/Coordinator will:
- Organize members of the street market committee to take leadership of the project; and organize other committees as necessary;
- Recruit, train, mentor and supervise volunteers;
- Work with community partners to program and enliven the market;
- Increase the number of DTES vendors at the market and increase buyers with publicity;
- Expand the market to operate 2-3 days a week in 2011; develop a proposal to open the market daily;
- Fundraise to pay for assistants and volunteers supports like stipends; secure in kind donations: equipment etc;
- Conduct evaluation and write reports to funders; and,
- Do all administration for the project: keep accurate record of expenditures, prepare invoices and arrange payments; set up an office.
The detailed posting is available HERE.
Deadline for applications: Friday, April 8, 2011.