This toolkit was developed as part of Positive Living, Positive Homes, a community-based research study funded by the Canadian Institutes of Health Research and co-led by the Pacific AIDS Network (PAN) and the University of Victoria.
There are seven modules to build capacity, skills, and understanding. Click on the links below to skip to a module.
1. Background to this toolkit
2. How housing works in BC
3. Self-assessment for housing options
4. Practical concerns about moving and looking after your home
5. Tenant and Landlord Rights and Responsibilities
6. Trouble-shooting tenant problems
7. Stigma and housing
8. Housing resources in BC
Most parts of the toolkit will be useful for anyone living with a chronic or highly stigmatized health condition who wants to know more about how housing works in BC. Please share widely!
These resources should not be considered as legal advice to be used in individual cases. If you have questions about a specific case, please consult a lawyer.