Important Information for all attending PLDI Core Leadership Training June 15-18, 2017
PAN is hosting its 11th Positive Leadership Development Institute (PLDI) – Core Leadership Training at Loon Lake in Maple Ridge, BC June 15 – 18th 2017, just a few weeks away! Here is a reminder about some gathering and departure times.
Departure for Loon Lake – Thursday, June 15th @1:00pm sharp!
Registration: 12:00 – 12:45 @ McLaren Housing 1249 Howe Street
All Leadership Development Training participants will be gathering on Thursday, June 15th at McLaren Housing Society of British Columbia, 1249 Howe st (in the second floor community room) in Vancouver for a 1:00pm departure to Loon Lake. You will need to buzz 5000# to be let in up to the second floor. All participants will be traveling by bus to Loon Lake together.
Jaydee Cossar, and PAN staff will be onsite at McLaren Housing to get people registered starting at 12:00pm. We suggest that you arrive at the McLaren housing between 12:15pm and 12:45pm, but no later than 12:45pm.
If for some reason you miss the bus from downtown Vancouver to Loon Lake you will be responsible for making alternate arrangements to get to Loon Lake (with the assistance of PAN staff) and you or your sponsoring PAN member agency will be responsible for the costs associated with this. These costs will not be reimbursed.
If for some reason you are going to be late arriving at the McLaren Housing office for the scheduled departure time on Thursday, June 15th you must contact Jaydee Cossar as soon as possible:
Phone: 604 569 1998
Email: [email protected]
Returning to Vancouver from Loon Lake – Sunday, June 18th
On Sunday, June 18th all participants will be departing the Loon Lake facility, by bus as a group, and will return to 1033 Davie Community, offices by 4pm. This is a different location than you are departing from, but only two blocks away.
- Recommended that you come to the session rested and ready to participate
- All training materials will be supplied
- Please remember to pack any medications and personal care items that you will need during the training
- Bring a flashlight
- Ear plugs
- Bring a bathing suit for swimming in the lake (optional)
The Loon Lake Research and Education Centre (www.loonlake.ubc.ca) will be the venue for all training activities, including accommodation.
- You will be sharing a room with one other person
- Linens will be provided by the facility (this includes sheets, blankets and pillow)
- Meals will be served in the meeting room building. As well as evening snacks.
- Please pack appropriate footwear for outdoor walking and slippers for inside buildings: shoes and boots are to be left inside the entrance of buildings.
- Suggested that you dress in layers to accommodate your individual temperature comfort.
Medicinal marijuana: Loon Lake asks that you please bring, as a precautionary measure because of other people that use the facility, a doctor’s note (if you have one) or your Health Canada License. Loon Lake asks that guests needing to smoke marijuana for medicinal purposes to please go up by the rock climbing, high ropes low ropes course. The staff at Loon Lake would be more than happy to point out this location upon your arrival. Your cooperation and understanding with this is appreciated. Just a reminder, as outlined in the Code of Conduct (attached to this email), that recreational use, sharing or selling of drugs and alcohol, is not permitted.