World Hepatitis Day is honoured every year on July 28, and this year we presented a KnowledgeConnect dialogue webinar will focus on hepatitis C knowledge and skills that connect people across the country. Shelley Taylor, the Regional Health Education Coordinator with CATIE, shared what brought her to working in hepatitis C and what her work looks like: the courses and events she coordinates and how she works with community organizations to build their capacity.
The webinar provides information on:
- Overview of CATIE’s hepatitis C education programs and resources
- How organizations work with CATIE to develop programs in different regions
- Who can take these courses, when and how?
- What to expect in a course, including hours to commit and how this can benefit frontline services
- Hepatitis C and HIV organization frontline staff, volunteers, and community advocates
- Supervisors, Managers and Executive Directors in charge of professional development
- Community organization staff and volunteers with an interest in hepatitis C services
Visit CATIE site