“Our Lives, Artists and Allies”
“Art has a way of reaching into our hearts and Inspiring us to connect to the humanity within us all”
We are a small group of students who are currently looking for HIV positive artists to submit photos of their work for display in an upcoming art show.
- When created at a community level, art is an accessible way of getting the message out.
- Art is a powerful form of story telling, and that everyone’s story is unique and of equal value.
- That by sharing our lives and experiences through our art, we can help to create a more inclusive and tolerant society.
- That art can be therapeutic process and can be an important part of healing our bodies’ minds and spirits.
- That we are much more than our illness and our struggles.
- To celebrate our lives and experiences.
- To challenge stigma.
- To support HIV pos artists to generate extra income.
- To support local arts programs within the ASO community.
- To encourage inclusiveness and connection.
We would ask that submissions include a high resolution photo of your work along with a short bio, including as much or as little about your piece and yourself as you would like to share, to [email protected]. Or you can call Rebeccah at 604-375-4843.
Deadline for submissions will be January 20th 2011.
Our Lives Artists and Allies is a project of the
Community Capacity Building Certificate course at SFU.
Please visit us at our website, https://sites.google.com/site/ourlivesartistsallies/