Community of Practice Meeting
March 28, 2013 2:30- 3:30 PM
Catch the buzz of this new space for learning, sharing and leadership development for Frontline Workers in HIV and HCV. Since we launched this initiative in January, discussions around the CoP are helping to shape this forum to reflect the community of frontline workers across the province.
The truth is that frontline workers play a key role in supporting people living with HIV/HCV and in community building. However, there are often not a lot of opportunities for frontline workers to be supported in their work to develop their practice and leadership in mental health and wellbeing.
This is the starting place for our CoP- building supports and leadership opportunities for frontline workers. And there are so many possibilities here, and the CoP will continue to shape what that looks like.
We need your feedback and participation to guide this work.
Recent conversations have included the vision of a heart-based approach to mental health and wellbeing. A heart based approach means that there is room for everyone’s ideas, experiences and wisdom. It also means grounding everything in love and compassion. It means being committed to being open – and sometimes vulnerable. The heart of a heart-based approach though, I think, is carrying the vision and hope that we truly can support each other to continue to grow, learn and change into a more self-empowered version of ourselves.
- What are your ideas for a heart-based approach?
- How does one create the safety and a container to have meaningful conversations about the challenges and rewards of our work?
- How can those containers be further developed in our own communities?
- How can various therapeutic approaches enhance our own wellbeing and the wellbeing of our clients?
- How do we encourage people to share their stories and experiences?
- How do we best share our learnings with others?
Please join in on our next CoP meeting to discuss these ideas and to add your own!
To join in simply call:
Toll-free dial-in number (U.S. and Canada): 1-866-554-6142
Conference Code: 3580419276#
Until then, have a great month as we head into spring!
Please direct questions to: [email protected]