BEYOND BEHAVIOURS: Uncovering the social production of HIV epidemics among gay men
April 15th, 2013
Vancouver, British Columbia
Online registration is now open for Beyond Behaviours. Please visit our website to register and for more information. Spaces are limited.
Beyond Behaviours is a one-day event for those involved in gay men’s health to review the limitations of medical and behavioural approaches of understanding gay men’s health and to consider emerging alternative perspectives that foreground the social production of health and social inequities.
We are excited to confirm the following speakers:
• Dr. Adam Isaiah Green, Associate Professor in Sociology at the University of Toronto, Toronto
• Dr. Gary Dowsett, Professor and Chair in Sex, Health and Society at the Faculty of Health Sciences at La Trobe University in Melbourne, Australia
• Dr. Clive Aspin, Senior Indigenous Research Fellow at the School of Public Health, University of Sydney, Australia
• Dr. Barry Adam, Professor at the Department of Sociology, Anthropology, and Criminology at the University of Windsor, Windsor
• Dr. Trevor Hart, Associate Professor at the Department of Psychology at Ryerson University, Toronto
Full program available shortly.
This event is hosted by the Community-Based Research Centre, in collaboration with Universities Without Walls, immediately following CAHR Conference 2013 in Vancouver on April 15.